Tuesday, January 17, 2006

WOW! did I come close to burning down my apartment this morning!!!
Last night after spending more than 24 hrs in bed with a combination of stuffy lungs and extreme exhaustion, I got up in the evening to make dinner. Broiled some pork chops and cooked up saurkraut (which did not get eaten on New Years on account of all the beef we had left over from NYE) and mashed potatoes and lima beans so it wouldn't be an entirely white meal. (on Martin Luther King Jr day, no less....)
Cooking the dinner took everything I had so afterward I went back to bed. Becky took it upon herself to clean up, bless her heart, even though she was not feeling too much better than me.
So this morning, I go into the fresh clean kitchen and put some leftover dinner rolls in the oven to warm up, then go about my business. I return to the kitchen some minutes later to see black soot crawling up the front of my oven...opening the door, I see MASSIVE FLAMES! licking around and torching the poor dinner rolls. I turned off the gas and opened all available windows and let the fire die down.
Turns out, she hadn't taken the foil off the broiler pan, and it was incinerating in there. Fumes a plenty. Yuck. Hopefully this spacy feeling in my head is only temporary.....
What a way to start the week. I have a lot of cleaning and laundry still to do before the arrival of the sisters on Thursday night. It is going to be a good fun time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home