Thursday, March 23, 2006

Cupcakes and Exene

Keywords for this weekend. I have to bake an assortment of cupcakes for a tasting on Saturday....probably red velvet, lemon raspberry, and almond mocha. I think I am going to make them mini cupcakes cuz they are so cute. Just one little pouf of icing on the top. I was intending to do the red velvet ones yesterday but when I settled down with the Southern Cooking book I had brought from home, it turned out that the recipe wasn't in there. Scandalous. I've got one around here somewhere, though...I'm sure of it.
And Exene....she's playing Friday night at the Pub. It seems like there is a conspiracy in Pittsburgh to keep people from knowing about it, but I am doing my part. Last time she was here there were very few people in the crowd, and there were a lot of sound problems. The set had to be cut short. Exene was very gracious to the audience about it, but she was visibly pissed about the sound problems and the fact that the soundguy wouldn't explain it. I am so thrilled to see her again....I don't often listen to X, but somewhere in the back of my mind she has always been one of my heroines.
Hopefully J and I will get to hear some beat poetry and see some beat photographs tonight at the Silver Eye....if not, at least we can get a few beers and I can check out her pimpy new car. Woohoo! It's turning into a superduperbusy weekend, and I also have loads of housework to do. The past three days I have been more or less overcome with sinus headaches which means the laundry and dishes and general STUFF has gone neglected while I crawl into bed with a book and fall asleep before 10pm. Gah.
I'm feeling alot better about Roxie's disappearance from the Alice show....I sent him well wishes and he wrote back to say "you know I can't stay out of the Rock that long!" So, I'm hoping that means he'll be working on his new record. He better!
And now, something I just have to share. There are a group of us in the Alice Cooper online community(ha!) who trot out breadkitty whenever people start to get cantankerous our sad. Breadkitty was trotted out to me the other night when I was weeping over the loss of Roxie, and instantly put me in a better mood. Please enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home