Thursday, November 03, 2005

Stevie Wonder Wants More Grammys

I don't really have a comment on that...I just thought it was a funny Yahoo! headline.
He is certainly welcome to mine...they're just cluttering up the place.

Today after cranking out the goods for sound kitchen at the QS(dips! dips! dips!) I took myself on a date to the strip district. I used to do this all the time and I really miss it. I'm a fun date! I went to Reyna's for guava paste and got some mexican cocoa and hominy for future posole excursions. I went to Penzey's and stocked up on sexy spice blends for the wintertime. I went to Bradley's and found the 2002 volume of Best Food Writing. I took myself to the Park House for a food coma inducing burger. Then I got some mexican cocoa soap at Roxanne's and finished up my day'o'decadence with two salted caramels from MonAimee. I really know how to treat a date. I would so put out after a date like that.

Gotta have a little nap and then Trent is going to help me make potato pea fritters and guava and cream cheese empanadas. (no, I don't let him put his dirty little hands in the batter...all he has to do is look pretty and scream a bit to egg me on)

Band practice. You want to know.
Let's just say last night was an exercize in why I will always love that man as well as an exercize in why he drives me up the fucking wall. I think it will eventually come together into beautiful chaos, which is of course something I hold very dear. The "process", however, will no doubt continue to try my patience. After almost but not quite twenty years of this.....I have finally learned some top notch coping mechanisms. The right outfit and styling products will do wonders for one's ability to put up with random flighty artist bullshit. Trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home