Sunday, October 30, 2005

Last night I made what turned out to be the wisest possible decision, which was a non decision. There were at least 9 different things going on which I would have liked to have done, had they been on separate nights and not right before I had a brunch shift. So after spending four hours doing prep and dishes and rocking out in the kitchen to Megadeth with Benrod, I walked to Wholefoods to get persimmons and seaweed and then proceeded more or less directly to bed. (of course there was some internet time involved. Who am I kidding?) Anyway, I slept like a baby, and then got up this morning and cooked everything and took out the trash and THEN we fed almost 150 people. Gah! It was crazy in a fun kinda way. We felt like a really solid TEAM, which is awesome. But chances are pretty slim that I would have been able to maintain my equilibrium in the face of the onslaught had I gone out for any rock or even 4 hours of local experimental film. So I feel like I did the right thing, even if I disappointed some people by not showing up.
I'm sure I missed some really great shows last night, but it feels good to know my limits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home