Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hey guys!
I'm writing to you from the Quiet Storm. My computer has always been super fussy about connecting to the Verizon wireless here, but today I messed around until I figured out how to do it.
BECAUSE......our power is still out. Since 8:30pm Sunday night. Everywhere around our block, even the other end of the street, has power. I can't see any downed lines in our immediate vacinity, and yet....we're last on the list for some reason. Could it be that we live in a very poor area? Hmm.
Anyway, so all the stocking up I did last week...a big pot of brown rice, ratattouille, black beans, for lunches and dinners.....it's vectoring slowly downwards toward spoilage. As of last night stuff in the fridge was still pretty chilly, but I think the beans at least are going to have to go. And all the accumulated dairy products in there (except the yogurt by golly!) I'm (trying) not (to) freak(ing) out about our freezer full of meat...especially the lamb chops and roasts we got on Saturday. Sources say that the chest freezer will hold temp for at least 48 hours. We're just now going on 36. Gulp.
I mostly feel like a spoiled asshole for even making a deal out of this when there are people all over the country losing their homes and everything as a result of these storms. So yeah, I'm mildly inconvenienced. And we'll just have to rebuild our stores once things get back to normal. I do feel justified, though, in being pissed off that power in the wealthier areas of town was restored almost immediately, whereas we and our neighbors (some of whom have medical conditions) are still waiting. Yeah, capitalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home