Thursday, August 21, 2008

Man am I having a great day off today! I've been little suzi homemaker all day and it's pretty freakin sweet. Of course, I've been little Suzi Homemaker who listens to thrash metal, but still. And actually, Pantera-comparisions notwithstanding, this isn't really super thrashy. I really like this album, whereas I am not too keen on Fight's first one. This one is very lyrical and actually closer to the whole industrial 2wo thing than to Painkiller. <<<-----Metal God digression.
So yeah, I did some dishes, tons of laundry, cleaning, made pesto, took care of emails, vanquished the recycling beast (well, strapped the recycling beast into it's container anyhow) and now I'm taking a little break before diving into the baking and bathroom cleaning portions of the day off. I've got towels hanging on the line and I'm starting to get worried by the impending gray even though there's no sign of rain in the weather report. I happen to know that it's rained mightly every Thursday for a month---can't imagine it will stop now just because of my towels. But maybe I'll get lucky.
I'm gearing up to bake some chocolate zucchini cake. It's from a southwestern cooking book I got recently, though I don't think it's a terribly southwestern recipe. I guess it's got chocolate and cinnamon so that counts. If it goes well maybe I'll embark on some kind of pie too. I've got blueberries and blackberries and peaches that I promised myself I would not let go bad this time.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home