Thursday, August 21, 2008

How the Omnivore's 100 works:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.

2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.

3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating. (I'm gonna italicize em since it's easier on blogger ;)

4) Optional: Post a comment at Very Good Taste, linking to your results.


MY OMNIVORE'S 100 (75 76 out of 100):

1. Venison(not a huge fan, but I do live with a huntress!)

2. Nettle tea (good for something---cramps, maybe?)

3. Huevos rancheros (heart!)

4. Steak tartare(I haven't ever had the traditional preparation, but I have, you know, eaten raw steak....)

5. Crocodile

6. Black pudding(same as haggis basically, right? no thanks)

7. Cheese fondue(I've made cheese fondue! with the kirsch and everything!)

8. Carp (eh)

9. Borscht(love it, but not something I'd eat every day)

10. Baba ghanoush(yum!)

11. Calamari(had it and HATED IT!!! tentacles, ick)

12. Pho(probably, but I can't swear)

13. PB&J sandwich(prefer PB and honey on whole wheat)

14. Aloo gobi (my Krishna jam)

15. Hot dog from a street cart(french style! in sweden!)

16. Epoisses(I dunno...)

17. Black truffle(not yet)

18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes (plum, elderberry)

19. Steamed pork buns(love)

20. Pistachio ice cream(it's in spumoni, right?)

21. Heirloom tomatoes Z(with a vengeance)

22. Fresh wild berries

23. Foie gras(nope, and I don't know if I would or not. well wait...I'd taste it and then make an ethical decision)

24. Rice and beans(vegetarian days!)

25. Brawn or head cheese(maybe I have, but I wouldn't ever again)

26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper(can I count habanero?)

27. Dulce de leche

28. Oysters(not raw)

29. Baklava(yum)

30. Bagna cauda (at the stinking rose in san francisco. I didn't know there were anchovies until way later)

31. Wasabi peas(yum, but I prefer wasabi rice crackers)

32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl (I've had clam chowder, and I've had stuff in a sourdough bowl, but not at the same time I don't think.)

33. Salted lassi(I am very controversial in this regard, says mike bonello.)

34. Sauerkraut (I make my own with juniper berries! love)

35. Root beer float(olden times)

36. Cognac with a fat cigar(I will save this one for when I'm hanging out with Rob Halford)

37. Clotted Cream Tea(I don't like the sound of it, but I guess I'd try it)

38. Vodka Jelly/Jell-O (Ummm...I don't think so? probably wouldn't remember if I did)

39. Gumbo(made it for the LUPEC ladies!)

40. Oxtail(thanks to madorange!!!)

41. Curried goat (I probably should do it, but I don't know if I could)

42. Whole insects (not on purpose!)

43. Phaal(not sure what it is)

44. Goat's milk (I'm learning to love it)

45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth $120 or more(not that I know of, but someday....)

46. Fugu(that's blowfish, right? dumb)

47. Chicken tikka masala(love)

48. Eel(HATED IT!)

49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut(I may have had enough for my lifetime already)

50. Sea urchin(ick! I guess I'm pretty squeamish when it comes to the sea)

51. Prickly pear(grew up in arizona, man!)

52. Umeboshi(superlove! I used to take umeboshi vinegar for headaches, and it works)

53. Abalone(nope)

54. Paneer(love!)

55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal (I'm done)

56. Spaetzle(love!)

57. Dirty gin martini(that's all I did for about four months. now I prefer vodka)

58. Beer above 8% ABV (Piraat baby!)

59. Poutine (thanks jilly!)

60. Carob chips (love em in banana muffins)

61. S’mores(not a fan---three great tastes that don't belong together in my mind)

62. Sweetbreads(I tried it---not again)

63. kaolin (don't know what it is!)

64. Currywurst (super berlin love!!)

65. Durian (not worth it. I think I *might* have had something durian flavored once, which is a cop-out I know)

66. Frogs’ legs (ick. no.)

67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake(three of four!)

68. Haggis(I am not that strongly identified with my scottish heritage)

69. Fried plantain(ripe and green!)

70. Chitterlings or andouillette(nope)

71. Gazpacho(LOVE!)

72. Caviar and blini(I've had crap caviar. I'm not really interested)

73. Louche absinthe (I've had crap absinthe. I am interested in good stuff tho!)

74. Gjetost or brunost(SKI QUEEN! I Love You!)

75. Roadkill(not unless I was starving)

76. Baijiu(don't know what it is)

77. Hostess Fruit Pie(loved the lemon. a sad HFCS casualty)

78. Snail(tried it. not a fan)

79. Lapsang Souchong(good stuff! haven't had it in years though)

80. Bellini(eh)

81. Tom Yum (probably, but not sure: see Pho. I usually go for rice in the thai places)

82. Eggs Benedict(damn yes!)

83. Pocky(even mens pocky!)

84. 3 Michelin Star Tasting Menu (someday)

85. Kobe beef( I think I've had fake kobe beef. I'll hold out for the real thing)

86. Hare(sssshhhhh!)

87. Goulash(yum! can't get people to eat it at the restaurant, though)

88. Flowers(I grew nasturtiums for the purpose of putting them in salads this year, but I have yet to eat a one. maybe tonight!)

89. Horse (why?)

90. Criollo chocolate(what is?)

91. Spam(grew up in Elyria! trailer park, no less)

92. Soft shell crab(probably, but not sure)

93. Rose harissa (not sure)

94. Catfish(not a fan)

95. Mole poblano(love!)

96. Bagel and lox(yum!)

97. Lobster Thermidor (not sure? I would though.)

98. Polenta(yum)

99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee(bliss)

100. Snake(yeah, I would)


Whew! how about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home