Thursday, August 21, 2008

failure!


failure!, originally uploaded by alienspice.

so, my chocolate chile (I added chile to make it more southwestern) zucchini cake flopped. It is DELICIOUS, but I halved the recipe and forgot to halve the buttermilk. So it's super moist and crumbly and not really sliceable. But still you can sort of smear cream cheese on a chunk of it and it's all good.
On the other hand, my brandied peach and blackberry pie is a fabulous success! My lattice sucks, but I was working with very fragile cream cheese pastry and also---I tried. That's more than I can say for some people when it comes to lattice.
This morning I was looking at ice cream machines on amazon and I think tomorrow might be the day I have to indulge. I keep thinking of new and exicting ice cream flavors. I gotta do it. The one I was looking at is 1 1/2 quarts, which seems just perfect for a tiny batch of ridiculous ice cream. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home