Thursday, November 08, 2007

God Bless Trader Joe's

Seriously. I just got the holiday flyer in the mail and noticed their product called Gourmet Fried Onion Pieces, with no preservatives, hydrogenated oils, or artificial flavor or colors. I was wondering how I was going to make a green bean casserole for Thanksgiving using my home frozen green beans and home made mushroom soup--and french's fried onions. Thank you TJs for saving me.

Today was a fantastic day off--and it's not over! Still have a delicious dinner to eat (tuna burgers with brown rice and sauteed sweet potatoes and chard) and Growler Hours and recycling and maybe trader joes and staples to get some file boxes. So far today I wrote some copy for our holiday catering flyer, and did some spreadsheets on dinner and lunch sales so far with the new menu, and washed a lot of clothes, and cleaned the bathrooms, and did some dishes. Put away a lot of clothes. Just basically a TCB kind of day. It feels good.
My friend Kirstin stopped by to pick up my toilet paper and paper towel tubes for an art project. I had a lot of them stored up because I thought I was going to shred them for the compost. HA! I'm glad they can go to an arty use. It was great to see her, and nice to show off the house. When I went out on the porch to say goodbye, I was overcome with the massive amount of leaves our big ole maple tree has shedded. I guess it's going to be raking time around here very soon. Probably Saturday.
The next couple of weeks are going to be so jam packed I can't believe it! Tomorrow night I'm going to see Murder Party!, then Saturday is the Apple Festival at the Union Project, AND Handmade Arcade at Construction Junction. Saturday night is an old skool rock show with the Dirty Faces and the Working Poor. Sunday I do brunch, and Sunday night is a kitchen meeting. Whoo! I have to get down to business fixing up the guest room too because the sisters are coming for thanksgiving weekend. I'm so excited!
We finally turned on the furnace last night, after rebby spent some harrowing time crawling around in the crawl space insulating the furnace pipes. We were unsure how it would go, but man oh man---this is a serious furnace! The house is super toasty.
Come visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home