Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Good morning!
I'm sitting in my kitchen on a chilly november morning, getting ready to blanch+freeze a bunch of vegetables we got yesterday at the farmer's market. While I was gallavanting around Boston rebby installed the chest freezer, so now we have even more room to put food by. I have to say that my whole eating seasonally conversion has taken a very firm root in my consciousness---for example: we went to a fabulous little Italian place in the North End for dinner on Friday, and one of the appetizer choices was bruschetta with basil and tomatoes. Normally, I would have jumped at that, but now I feel all wrong about eating such summery fare in November. (we did actually order it, and I did actually enjoy it, but I also felt weird about it) Yesterday I grabbed some brussels sprout trees,
onions, garlic, apples, sweet potatoes, spinach, leeks, chuck roast, chicken breast, and sausage links, and apple cider. And also, a little basket of tomatoes from the apple guys---I just couldn't resist one more bunch. They're on the windowsill right now. It's going to be salad time around here for a while longer...and BLTs. Yum.
Oh, I've got so much more to tell....the puppet show, and tori, and the waterboys, and boston, and the new saul williams album, and the fact that I am most likely going to vote republican this afternoon. I am not kidding. I've been biting the republican bullet on Arlen Specter for lo these many years, and now it's time to bite it on the mayor too. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home