Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happy Thursday!
Oh, it is indeed a happy Thursday, too. I not only have the day off, but I don't have to spend it doing catering jobs. Or shopping for catering jobs. I do have to spend a lot of it waiting for various repair men, but that's not a problem. I plan to spend a lot of it actually working on my room, so that by the end of the day just maybe I will have a useable office where now there is a mere pile of junk. Wish me luck.
The Ace Lock man has already come and gone. He was a very excitable locksmith. It was nice to be able to patronize a local locksmith and one for whom locksmithing is not merely a job. Although he did give me a lecture about how locksmithing is not rocket science. Might as well be to me, locksmith man. Anyway, the front door deadbolt has been replaced by one that actually locks without gymnastics. I am happy.
Now I'm waiting for the Australian Plumber to come and fix my leaking temperature pressure valve on the water heater. He just called to tell me he's running a bit late, which means my day might not get started till around 1pm. Fine---maybe I'll bake a pie while I wait. I just can't get into anything that might require hot water.
So last night we went to see my yearly Gay Film---hopefully I'll actually get to two or three, but I've at least fulfilled my one gay film per year quota. It was a documentary about Alexis Arquette. Really interesting, more about the fabulous persona of Alexis Arquette than about tranny issues. There was a really awesome short in front of it called Trannymals Go To Court. Check out the website! We were cheering out loud for the trannymals. Unfortunately, there weren't more than 15 people in the theater. I don't know why I let myself get so bummed out about the film fest---especially since I never take the step of actually DOING anything about it. I keep saying next year will be the year I get involved. Maybe I really will this time. Anyway, I'm glad we went and I hope to be able to see the gay thriller You Belong to Me on Friday night and the closing lesbo film Itty Bitty Titty Committee. My sis gives it two thumbs up and she is my gay film expert. I don't know why the film fest made the move from The Harris to the South Side Works, but I gotta say it really makes it harder for me to go. And maybe the seats are newer, but I miss watching gay film downtown, where the gays are. Just sayin. The Cheesecake Factory is no consolation for me.
This morning I had one of the best breakfasts ever....featuring Spring Creek Soysage. I'm not sure the Co-op has picked it back up, but I can get it from my secret vegetarian restaurant connection. This is one of my all time favorite hippie foods. It's made from okara, which is the leftovers from tofu/soymilk making. So it's local, independent, recycling.....there is nothing not cool about this product. Plus, it tastes REALLY good. Not like sausage much at all, really, but it has a very delicious and satisfying flavor. I fried a couple eggs and put them on top, and put that on top of some sourdough toast from the farmer's market. I unfortunately sprinkled some cheese on top that turned out to be almost bad (I am extra sensitive to cheese going bad, and this was kinda funky) but the awesomeness of the soysage and the eggs and the Louisiana Supreme Jalapeno Pepper Sauce made up for it. (note to self--I just opened the last bottle of 50 cent lousiana supreme sauce from big lots. I've been hording it, and now it's gone. let's hope big lots still has it!)
OK, time to go figure out how to occupy my time for the next hour. I sure do love a day off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home