Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Monday!
Today it is officially COLD in my house. I'm into it, really. The flannel sheets and blanket and comforter did a fine job of protecting me from the cold while sleeping, and being chilly in the house is not a big deal when there are sweaters and wool socks to be had. Rebby did start vacuuming the heating vents this morning though, as it might get colder. I'm ready for it. Just gotta find the window plastic hiding in the giant pile of junk that is my room.
Yeah, I definitely didn't get started on the room on Thursday. Spent most of the day waiting and computering, which is just fine I suppose for a day off. We did head out to growler hour to reload on beer, and stopped in the co-op for sour cream for the chicken chili I made for supper (yum!) Then I got to watch all my favorite comedy shows without having to simultaneously do catering stuff (first time in a couple weeks!)
Friday I had a super long day at the restaurant, causing me to miss Fall Festival at lil D's daycare. I really wanted to be there for the pumpkin touching, but it was not to be. Sigh. When I finally got home I pretty much passed out on the couch while watching TV. I think my body is preparing for hibernation.
Saturday was a super day off! We hit Delucas for breakfast, then got some tortillas at Reynas, cheese for catering at Stamoolis, dumpling sauce at Lotus, and loaded up on happy pig at the farmer's market. We got THREE POUNDS of bacon for the freezer (woo!) and a pork loin roast, and some spareribs for half price since the seal on the package wasn't great. We also picked up some kale and some salmon and some bread. Headed home, and on our way we stopped at the Sears Outlet so Rebby could get a drill she had seen the previous week. Since we were there I decided to peruse the stove exhaust hoods, and believe it or not there was a returned and refinished hood, in white to match our stove, for $20. Woo! So we got that and the drill set, and actually had a good customer service experience there. So I take back my previous diss.
We unloaded our wares when we got home and put the spareribs in the slow cooker with some johnny on the spot sauce---east end blackstrap stout, honey mustard, brown sugar, tomato paste, garlic powder, chili powder. I cut up some onions to put in the bottom and then rubber banded the lid on (our slow cooker is a thrift store score and needs some assistance) Then we gathered up the recycling and went to construction junction.
Where, wonder of wonders, I found quart size cans of the EXACT orange and blue paints I have been dreaming about for my kitchen. I was amazed. I figure I'll paint a corner to make sure they are the EXACT colors I want, and then take the rest to some paint mixing authority to match for me. Last weekend I got the straw rug with the exact colors, and then this weekend the paint. It's destiny.
Rebby also found an old window that is perfect for the coffee table project she has been dreaming about. I told her not to get her heart set on it since there was no price, but when we got to the register the CJ man said ONE DOLLAR. Yeah, it's like that.
Saturday evening we ate our supper (the spareribs with some mashed potatoes and steamed kale) and then got ready to go to the puppet festival. Which will warrant it's own post, after I warm up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home