Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Loafing through hells and flogged through paradises.......


I swear, I haven't heard this in probably 15 years or so, but I still can belt out every single word at the top of my lungs.

This is how the rest of my lovely day went....I did manage to record the new roxie song old skool style onto my Sansa, so now I have my own private copy. Roxie said it's a "rough mix" but I think it sounds great. I listened to it a bunch of times while waiting for the bus to get to Squill.
Finally got there, met up with Black Monday at the cage and had a new East End Brewing Snow Melt draft which was GOOD GOOD GOOD! My favorite yet from the EEB. Also had some hot cheese balls which I don't really want to talk about. They were nice in the moment, but have since turned on me.
It was there in the bar that I was presented with a burned copy of the above, with some bonus Lotte Lenya tunes. Her version of "Whiskey Bar" is priceless.
After a couple hours of dishing (neither of us made talking point lists and consequently we forgot to dish a bunch of things we had planned on dishing!) I went to get the bus go to church. I ended up getting to the "Eastside" early, so I wandered a bit and went into the chi chi Goodwill. There was a funny guy in there who seemed to be familiar with the woman working....he kept a humorous running commentary the whole time I was in there, including this amazing bit of comedy involving a dried gourd. There was a nice painted gourd for sale, and he picked it up over his head and said to her "What did I just do?" She looked at him for a minute and then said "Raise the Gourd?" "That's right....."raise the gourd!!!!" It was really funny in person. Say it out loud to yourself.
Finally it was a reasonable time to go to church, so I made my way over there. It was kind of sparsely attended, but still nice. We had a candlelight sing of Silent Night that was particularly nice. I felt refreshed.
I had a very pleasant walk in the chilly evening air to the Market District, where I cashed in the change in the bottom of my purse to get the rest of the baking ingredients. Woo! I am so ready to turn out mini alcohol sodden fruitcakes! And they are going to be good too....none of those freaky neon cherries in my fruit cake! Tomorrow will be all about the chopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home