Sunday, December 03, 2006

Nothing wrong with a little bias towards goth.....

Psychedelic Furs - India
Bauhaus - Lagartija Nick
Echo & The Bunnymen - Crocodiles
Killing Joke - Wardance
Southern Death Cult - Moya

[Hour Three]

New Model Army - Vengeance
The Damned - Smash It Up
The Smiths - Girl Afraid
The Cramps - Goo Goo Muck
The B-52's - Lava
Gang Of Four - Damaged Goods
Au Pairs - The Set Up
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Phenomena
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Voodoo Dolly
The Cure - The Figurehead
Joy Division - Heart And Soul
My Bloody Valentine - Soon
Bjork - Army Of Me


[Hour Four]

Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again
Duran Duran - Planet Earth
Human League - Don't You Want Me
New Order - Temptation [RS]
INXS - Suicide Blonde
Jesus & Mary Chain - Reverence [RA]
Curve - Fait Accompli
Garbage - Push It
James - Laid [RS]
Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye
The Cure - Just Like Heaven [RS]
Sisters Of Mercy - Black Planet [RS]

This is the set list from friday night...the part of it that we heard. Whiskey Daisy and I got up at the begining of hour four and aside from taking a little break during the Curve and Garbage songs (I love it when people play them back to back!) we were pretty much groovin. Only, you can't so much dance to Jeff Buckley.
So-who's coming next week?

Saturday was a blur. I must have still been slightly drunk when I made that post, because I only got about 3 hours of sleep and then I went in to help the new guy on his first breakfast shift. It was pretty busy, and there was lots of stuff that needed to be done, so instead of sitting at the bar drinking coffee and jumping up to answer questions, I was a powerhouse. Ended up being there till about 2:30 cranking through some brunch prep, then I came home and fell into bed. I read a little bit more about factory farming but my eyes were heavy so I just crashed.
Got a call about 4:30 from rebby asking if I wanted to go to Piper's Pub with her visiting family for dinner....uh, yeah. So I worked on waking myself up, and then they came to get me around 7pm. My fears about getting a table at that hour on saturday night turned out to be founded...it would have been an hour wait. So we ended up going to the Pittsburgh Steak Company where I had.....salmon. Ha! I had been dreaming of salmon all day and I just couldn't fight the feelin. It was SO good. We had a nice dinner and then headed down to the Record Exchange for a little late night shopping. I ended up getting a couple movies on the cheap...including The Addiction and Longtime Companion. I just watched that one this morning and got myself all worked up again. Fuckin AIDS, man. Between AIDS and the factory farming stuff I am walking around slightly enraged all the time these days. Blissful ignorance has it's place, but sometimes I just need to get myself engaged. This seems to be one of those times.
Anyway, we stopped back at the house to pick up the truck and watch a couple mystery science theater shorts, then headed to the Pub. Miraculously, the Bumps were just taking the stage when we got in the door....that was a relief. I don't think I would have survived too much sitting around waiting time. As it was...I could not survive standing up. I grabbed a table and became the stationary coat drop spot. The Bumps played a great set....I definitely enjoy them more when I am up and moving and in the fray, but they were playing their hearts out last night. I got to chat with some friends and I had a beer bought for me, which is always nice. Then the Telefonics took the stage, and I really wished I had more energy. Their set was fantastic. Watching Gina is always so inspiring. I did make my way down front when they played their cover of the Viragos song "I Tried"---that was sweet. I went back to my table and then I started to get a little weepy....I think it was equal parts being exhausted and the heavy emotional stuff of the weekend. By the time the Working Poor got into their set I was biting my lip and trying to hold back the tears. I was successful until about half way through...and then when Mike and Sara came to talk to me about the new wave cabaret I had to try to pull myself together. I was moderately successful, but Sara asked me what was wrong and then I kinda lost it. I really didn't want to unload on anyone but she was really sweet about it. There are only a couple times a year when I feel the least bit sad about how things might have been, and this is one of those times. So seeing the Working Poor just kinda kicked it over the edge. When they were done I went up to hug Alan and I really only meant to congratulate him on a good show, but I ended up breaking into tears. It sucked. I ran to the bathroom to try to pull myself together and unfortunately ran into two people I know, which didn't help. But, I got it together, and had some nice conversations with John and Gina and some other people, and then it was finally time to get my ass home and into bed. Sleep helped, that's for sure.
Today should hold some cleaning and some shopping and hopefully some sorting out of the new wave cabaret stuff. It's gonna be an awesome show! I have yet to get a promise of INXS but it's not too late. I'm sure it will happen.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home