Thursday, October 12, 2006

Howdy pardners!
Wow, it's been a pretty exhausting couple of days! We started a new schedule in the kitchen where instead of me being an amorphous floating around person from noon-3, I am now the dishwasher in addition to floating amorphously (meaning baking and making specials for dinner) We made this change so that we could move the dishwasher to the evening slot since dinners are often busier than lunch these days, and so there will be people around to do prep whenever it's needed. I think its a good change, and I think it is going to work really well, but right now I am TIRED OUT! It is just going to take some getting used to. I generally function best when I am constantly busy---one thing I've learned over the years is that I work best under pressure. In the morning I make myself a giant list and then I just go to town crossing things off. Once we get into the rhythm I should never have to worry about any regular menu prep items during breakfast time so I can concentrate on baking and specials. That is the ideal. Tuesday I had to catch up a bunch of stuff from the weekend, plus do the dishes, plus make specials. I was WOMPED Tuesday evening! Yesterday was a little better because Leslie and I together made a super comprehensive list on Tuesday of what needed to be done, and it was all done. So yesterday morning I was able to make pumpkin cheesecake bars and the cutest little pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting and jack o lantern faces. I am dedicated to bringing a little Halloween love into the Quiet Storm. Today I am going to try to make some vegan chocolate cupcakes with creme de menthe frosting and little bats.
I feel like there was something else I wanted to talk about but for the life of me I can't remember it now. Maybe later.
Today is feeling like a REAL autumn day. Enjoy it with a sweater and a cup of cocoa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home