Thursday, September 28, 2006



Heart Shaped Hedges, Japanese Gardens....


Oh! I got The Swing in the mail today, and I had completely forgotten about this awesome song "Johnson's Aeroplane." It's about farming. It's an awesome song all around, and so NEW WAVE. Which was reassuring, because I said something about wanting to hear INXS at my new wave cabaret birthday party this coming January(foreshadowing!!!) and rebby said "were they really new wave?" And I said, "Of COURSE they were new wave!" but then I had the shadow of a doubt. That song really seals it though. Not to mention all of Shaboo Shoobah, which I haven't gotten in the mail yet, but is definitely new wave. No question. So when I get the details worked out, and start inviting people to play at my new wave birthday cabaret(foreshadowing again!!!), I can make the following requests: INXS, Love and Rockets, and Depeche Mode. I really don't think anyone has played songs by any of these three seminal new wavesters at any of the previous NWCs, and it's time that changed. Especially this year.
I had a long and productive day at the restaurant...most of it involved in getting a catering order ready for pick up tomorrow morning. I also made my almost famous loaded baked potato soup, for which I got lots of yummy noises from the people sitting at the counter. That's always nice. The great thing about the loaded baked potato soup, as well as the almost famous roasted potato salad, and the very popular curried peanut noodle salad I made for a lunch special yesterday, is they were all invented in order to use things up. The soup and the potato salad were both born out of an overabundance of leftover brunch potatoes. The noodle salad came about when I couldn't fit all the curried peanut dip I made for the catering job into the containers. I love it when great things come from efforts to tidy up the pantry!
Speaking of tidying up the pantry, I am right now smelling the delicious smell of my peach cobbler wafting from the oven. It's so cinnamony. I was sad that I didn't have any more cookies after the delicious burgers and tomato salad I had for dinner, but then I noticed that my peaches were getting a little too squishy to eat out of hand. Voila! Hot baked yummy dessert! Unfortunately, I had to make it in half of my long casserole dish because I loaned my small cobbler-sized casserole dish to rebby for the cabbage rolls. No biggie. It seems to be fine, just a little lopsided. But no one will ever know, because it's MINE! Ha!
Today I was apprised of a gothic bellydance happening at the Frick fine Arts Auditorium on Saturday night. The lovely
Tempest will be performing. Oooh! I still haven't ordered her video, but this will be even better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home