Tuesday, September 26, 2006



That's me in the dark on the back porch...smoking a secret cigarette (shh!) and waiting for the cabbage rolls to be done. Yep, after a super productive day of doing 5 loads of laundry, having a great meeting about a huge catering job for January, and scrubbing all kinds of gunk off the top of my stove so that it is bright and shiny white once again, and organizing the notes from the meeting into some kind of logical sense, rebby picked me up and took me to the grocery store and the beer store and then to her place, where she proceeded to make stuffed cabbage and pineapple apple crisp from her grandmother's recipe book. I made some sleek (not for the dinner, more because I felt bad that she missed it on brunch day) and we had a lovely dinner with mr bonello around the old farm table. Late in the evening when I was pretty tipsy from the Great Lakes beers and pretty high from the delicious food, mike regaled me with some tales from the book he is reading about the evidence of early pre-historic civilizations. I had a really hard time remembering the words to Atlantis by Donovan, but I was pretty sure he hinted at the fact that antarctica was where atlantis was. I should look it up.
Anyway, today was a good day too. I made a lot of things at the restaurant that needed to be made, and I did a major highly irritating cleaning project. Let me just say this...the things that accumulate in the tracks of the sliding doors to a reach in cooler do not resemble in any way the things that are actually STORED in the reach in cooler. There is some sort of transmutation going on.
Now, let me say this.....gravity punks is very similar to a dead at 24 song. I'm not sure what it's called. Maybe that was on purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home