Monday, August 21, 2006

Sorry about the broken promise. I will, eventually, finish the Boston travelogue. Maybe even today, as I will need periodic distraction from the HOUSEWORK.
But now, I want to talk about Robert Plant's birthday!
We had a great time at the birthday brunch. People really dug the squeeze my lemon pancakes, even though one of the servers had a hard time actually saying the name of the pancakes for the first half of the brunch. By the time we were rockin out to Zeppelin 4, though, she pulled me aside and said "now I LOVE saying Squeeze My Lemon Pancakes!" Hee hee. The Stairway to Vegan Plate got good reviews too, though it took a while for it to catch on. In the end we sold out of all the specials except a few pieces of frittata, which I think sold later. Good times!
It was an all girl crew and, let me tell ya, that felt really nice. At the risk of being reductionist AGAIN, I think that the majority of whining that goes on at the quizzle is done by boys. The ladies are just EFFICIENT. It's great.
After I was done with my shift, I couldn't leave because Zeppelin III was on. Finally Jill came and took it out of the player and offered me a ride home. Awesome!
I ordered a pizza, opened a bottle of red wine, and popped in The Song Remains the Same. The wine is unfortunately not very good, but I slugged it down with some lemon lime seltzer. The pizza was awesome....a deep dish pepperoni from Leetle Neepers. And the movie....well. I was trying really hard to concentrate on Robert since it was his birthday and all, but Pagey just demands my attention. I am still and always bothered by his outfit though. Why could he not wear a matching top and pants? He's a Capricorn, for chrissakes, you would think it would bother him as much as it does me. He's got the zodiac/dragon pants on and the rose top. I know that the rose pants exist, because somewhere in my memory banks I have seen a picture of them, though I couldn't find one online last night. It's a dilemma. Still and all...wow.
Don't get me wrong, though...Robert is equally amazing. I really love the way they play off of each other in concert...it's just a thrilling thing to watch. And of course, nothing beats Robert's fantasy sequence. What you should know, if you don't already, is that his entire thing is totally tongue in cheek. He's a brilliant man.
OK! I'm fighting with my media player right now. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home