Thursday, August 31, 2006

Oh! What a beautiful morning!
Last night I went to sleep without the fan on for the first time since I can remember. I also actually had jammy pants on AND slept most of the night under my velvet quilt. This morning, I woke up and was NOT SWEATY and I am right now salivating over the possibility that I will want to wear a SWEATER for my walk to work.
Yes children, I perk up considerably when the summer turns to fall.
I'm also feeling really damn ACCOMPLISHED today which probably helps the mood as well. Yesterday I defrosted the freezer, cleaned out all the half yucky and billions of years old condiments from the fridge, wiped it all down, and reorganized. Then, I went to the grocery store and spent the entirety of my $75 catering payout to refill it. I had a bit of sticker shock, but I got a couple of big ticket items (shrimps, fancy bacon, fancy butter, and fancy cheese, roasted eye of round) so it makes sense. I just have to hold to my promise to actually EAT all this stuff before it goes bad and I have to throw it out.
In addition to the freezer project, I did two loads of laundry, all the dishes, and swept and mopped the kitchen floor. Then I put away all the records and videos on the floor and tidied the magazines. Who am I? Seriously, my "git-er-dun" attitude is sort of scaring me. That's a really good thing, though, because today has got to be a git-er-dun day. I have to make artichoke green chile dip for a catering pick up this afternoon, in addition to getting the trays ready. I have to get started on making 48 servings of chicken fried tofu for Saturday. I have to program the new cash register. I have to receive the Frankferd order and wrap the tofu. AND, I have to do all this while taking care of what has become a pretty consistently busy line. Whew! Bring it on. I am hoping that I get my copy of small deadly space today to help me amp it up a notch. I better take some other stuff with me just to make sure, though I did pretty well crankin it out to Bob yesterday. Bob played not only "So Alive" by Love and Rockets but "Kiss You All Over" by Exile yesterday morning. It really helped me make it through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home