Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Whew! What a day! It started with waking up at 6am, as usual. I managed to get myself more or less back to sleep for a couple of hours, but around 8 I woke up bigtime and started furiously writing text for our new party catering brochure. It was sort of like being possessed. I think it was a combination of all the stuff I picked up at the bridal fair, the catering book I got out of the library yesterday, and a reaction against the proposal my sister got from her caterer in Boston. It was very easy to take the parts I liked and react against the parts I didn't. Also, I spelled out the extra cake cutting charge pretty damn clear, so the next time I find myself up to the elbows in frosting I can rest assured that I am getting paid extra for it.
After I was finished channeling the catering brochure, I had to go to the Market District because I was out of coffee. I brushed my teeth and put on a bra and headed out the door around 9:15. It's nice to shop in the morning when most people are on their way to work. I lingered in the produce section and I took a twirl through the international aisles. Didn't get anything Swedish this time, though. I treated myself to a nice piece of salmon and some chicken breakfast sausages. And a freshly baked onion bagel. I filled up my bag and hoofed it home. Then I had to clean out the fridge before I could put it away. And I had to do the dishes before I could clean out the fridge. I put on a pot of coffee and ate some chicken sausages and my bagel and a little bit of fruit salad, and then I got to work. Took care of all of the above, and typed out the brochure, and folded and put away the laundry. Woohoo!
I paused for a lunch salad and to watch the Judas Priest DVD that came with their latest album. Good lord, I love Rob Halford. I will never forgive myself for not encouraging rebby to get tickets to see them at Blossom Music Center a couple of summers ago. I was sure they would play in Pittsburgh. And they did schedule a show, but it got cancelled. Rumor has it because of low ticket sales. People are FOOLS! I just hope I get another chance to see them someday....Anyway, after lunch I dyed my hair. This is the closest I have been to my "natural" color in a long time, I think. It's called Medium Ash Brown, but it's darker than I would expect that color to be. I'm just glad to be more or less free of red, as it was starting to seem brassy to me (especially with the grown out grays!) I think I might have gotten a chemical burn on my tongue from opening the bottle of developer with my teeth. Every time I do it, and every time I think "this is a really bad idea." My learning curve can be pretty steep sometimes.
So yeah, all that and I cleaned the bathroom too! AND voted, AND went to the gym, AND walked home. Now I am completely worn the fuck out. But that's okay. There's no reason not to turn in early!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home