Friday, May 19, 2006

Some very good things about today (and yesterday):

1)I am working dinner instead of lunch today
2)Rob Halford is my new myspace friend!!!!!!!
3)my hot pink skull hand towel arrived yesterday!
4)I bought a giant bag of frozen shrimp on sale
5)the stamps I bought yesterday are PRODUCE THEMED!!! (so cute!)
6)vegan banana chocolate chip muffins with chocolate glaze
7)it's REALLY sunny this morning!
8)new walking shoes!
9)having all day to do dishes and laundry
10)yoga, for reals!

Yesterday was a really awesome day. I made some gorgeous muffins and yogurt fruit smoothies at work, and several breakfasts for people. The breakfast count seems to be hovering around 11-12 these days, which is a nice trend upwards from the 7 or less we had going for a while. Breakfast is never going to win the game, but it's gratifying to see the numbers climb a bit. Put away the restaurant depot order and mopped out the walk in again. I am determined (read, obsessed) to keep the walk in DRY. I left earlier than usual since I will be doing the long breakfast into lunch shift on Saturday. My plan was to get downtown early so I could go to the bank and the post office and the shoes store.
But no, got sucked into the internet. Bah.
I did eventually get downtown, where I ran into Payless and found a nice pair of Champion walking shoes for $20. They are probably not ideal, but they are better than the ole worn out pair I have had since 2001. It's weird to have suddenly been downtown two days in a row after not going there for months. SO many new restaurants, and so many newly abandoned buildings. Rumor has it they are going to build a movie theater down there somewhere! That would be kind of cool.
Headed down to CMU and we got our gym on. Thursdays seem to be the busiest day, but I kept telling myself that soon all the kids will be gone......well, most of them anyway. I had to start out on the ab machine because there were no open treadmills! I have a new dedication to the ab machine now that I have started bellydance class..those muscles are really going to have to start working for me!
I need to figure out what is up with the eliptical trainer. It sort of terrifies me, with it's up and down and round and round motion, but it seems like it would feel pretty great. Maybe when all the children are finally gone I will try it out.
The weightroom drama couple was back.....these two are kind of like a free floor show while you work out. The girl follows the boy around and natters at him constantly while he is trying to work out. She occasionally does a few half hearted reps on something next to where he is, but often she will just stand next to his machine and tell him about grocery shopping or their friend's relationship problems. I feel a little bad for the guy, but he doesn't really do anything to discourage her. I am really hoping that they will be leaving town for the summer.
After the gym we ran into someone Jennie used to work with and her friend having an evening walk. They were really fun ladies and we had some nice conversation about public art and architecture. Then I strapped on the Judas Priest headphones and started on my walk home.
It is much more pleasant to walk home in the sunshine, but it was still nice even though it was overcast. I explored a little dead end at the end of Amberson Ave behind the hospital which revealed some super secret rich people's enclave. Then I climbed up behind the Amberson Apartments and onto Center Ave. I felt like an explorer!
Stopped into the Market District where I got the shrimps and the cutest ever stamps, and then came home and made myself some delicious stir fried shrimp with garlic, red peppers, onions, and spinach. Yummy! Watched the final episode of Will and Grace. It makes me sad that Will and Grace is going off the air just as the evangelical conservatives are gaining power. Hopefully something else affirming will arise to take their place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home