Thursday, May 18, 2006

Happy Thursday!
I'm up before the sun (which isn't hard to do in these gray and rainy times) and having my first coffee and feeling all the new places where I am sore. I had my first bellydance class last night! It was really fun, and very relaxed. The teacher, Amethyst, is extremely sweet. Also very small, which was a little disconcerting. There is some odd function in my head which seems to think that someone who is teaching me should be somehow taller than me. Does it go back to childhood? I dunno. It was just weird to realize that I had this strange issue.
Anyway, there were two other women present for the class, both of whom have taken classes before. But luckily I did not feel intimidated or awkward, even though it took a lot of concentration to train my body to do these things it hasn't done before. One of the ladies was especially nice and welcoming to me, and the teacher was very friendly and encouraging. The exercises we worked on are all things on my Rachel Brice DVD, so it will be easy for me to practice at home.
The place where the class is being held, The Dance Cafe, is a really beautiful space. I got a schedule so maybe I can go and see a tango performance sometime! That would be a lot of fun. I can't wait to practice my moves! The hardest thing for me seems to be doing something with my hips and my arms at the same time. I'll have to think back and call upon my marching band training to get that together.
Before class, I had a really good day at the restaurant. Got a lot of organizing done and then I spent about 45 minutes cleaning the walkin. When I had arrived in the morning there was a small lake in the middle of the floor, which had sprouted some tributaries that had potatoes and onions floating in them. Not cool. So I emptied all the condenser drip trays and swept and mopped the thing out, and transferred the vegetables to plastic bins and also rigged up a sort of pallet for the juice boxes to sit upon so they would not be directly on the floor. Should a flood happen again, nothing will be gettin soggy in there!
Today I think is going to be yogurt smoothie day. I have some bananas and strawberries and a whole bunch of yogurt that needs to be dealt with. Anyone care for a liquid breakfast?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home