Monday, August 18, 2008

Rob on Bike


I'm still not recovered from being in the presence of the METAL GOD. I screamed my throat RAW and woke up yesterday with no voice. I don't know how he does it every night.
It was incredible and I think I need another day to process it, so hopefully I'll give you a real review later. For now you can look at my flickr pics and imagine me bouncing up and down and screaming ROB I LOVE YOU over and over. I really do fiercely love that man. And KK I love too. I screamed at him every time he came on the screen. And I screamed along with every lyric that I knew (which was most of them, but not all.)
So here's one little tidbit to mull over....I'm having a really hard time with it. Before PRIEST took the stage, this yinzer guy to my left said to his drunken buddies "It really BROKE MY HEART when I found out he was gay." As he said this, his super drunken girlfriend was grinding all over one of his buddies. (there was no music playing at this point besides what was in her head) I just couldn't let it go.
BROKE YOUR HEART? Really? I mean, I could see it breaking your heart if you were a girl and realized you would never have a chance with him. I could see it making you feel uncomfortable and causing you to question your own sexuality if you were accidentally aroused by all the shrieking and metal and hot leather. I could even see it enraging you if you were a filthy homophobic idiot. But breaking your heart? I don't get it.
Speaking of Rob Halford being gay and wearing a lot of hot leather, they performed Eat Me Alive I chose to take that as a personal gift for me. And "Angel" from Angel of Retribution which is one of the most lovely songs ever, metal or no. Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

maybe the heartbroken guy is a fundamentalist christian who's sad to think of rob's eternal soul being damned for being gay (because being in a band called judas priest certainly wouldn't do that)?

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home