Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hello and welcome to a glorious day off!
I am really excited about this day off, I have to tell you. So far I've slept in until EIGHT AM!!!!! made myself some delicious coffee with cream, some migas and toast, and sat out in the sun to enjoy my breakfast with my copy of Mother Earth News which I had to literally scrape off the floor of the den after I spilled an iced coffee on it yesterday. Some of it stuck but I got most of the magazine off.
So anyhow, for some reason I was drawn to looking over the ads where I found this. I've been looking all over for one of these things and no one sells them anymore. Seriously, when you ask at Lowes or Home Depot they look at you like you are from Mars. So thank you Mother Earth News! I am placing my order first thing Saturday morning after my paycheck gets in there.
Meanwhile, I'm doing laundry the new fashioned way---using the dryer. Our utility bills really haven't been that enormous over the course of the year we've been here, and of course the fact that we curb scouted the washer and the dryer in the first place means that they've already paid for themselves. Still, I can't wait to have that sundried fresh clean smell, especially on the sheets. What a happy night that will be!
Also on the agenda for today is a trip to the strip district, ostensibly to get dried papaya for catering but really so I can just walk around and look at and smell a bunch of stuff. And of course I'll stock up on the ole guatamalan coffee. Alexandria said it was going to be cloudy and stormy today but so far she's been dead wrong. I hope it continues that way.
I've got a bunch of plums and peaches that want to be turned into baked goods today as well. AND, I do have to make black bean cakes and jamaican sweet potato patties for the Aviary party on Saturday. And, I should really clean the bathrooms and put away the last loads of laundry that are all sitting on my office chair waiting to fall over. But for the most part, today is about being a first world hedonist. Ha.
Hope you have a good day with whatever you are doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home