Thursday, March 13, 2008

Awesome Dream

Obviously my subconscious felt really bad for laying that bad Jimmy Page dream on me, because just before I woke up today I was treated to one of the most awesome dreams ever. Of course, it followed a rather disturbing dream that I won't go into here, at least not now. Because I want to talk about the awesome dream so that I can brighten your day.
In the awesome dream, I was going with rebby to see Love and Rockets. We didn't have tickets but were relatively sure we would be able to get them at the venue. The Venue appeared to be a highschool gymnasium from the outside,where we were standing in a long line of people waiting to get in. We were in a long dark highschool style hallway, but there was a window right where I was standing and I saw Daniel Ash and David J walk in carrying some luggage. They had on dark glasses and Daniel was smoking and looking extra cool.
I kept trying to find out from the people who were more or less corralling the crowd where to get tickets, and they kept saying "inside". So we waited. We were right at the beginning of the line and felt very happy about it, when all of a sudden I noticed that the hallway was emptying out at the other end. They had opened the opposite doors! So we headed down that way and watched people pouring in to the bleachers. In the center of the room was a ticket kiosk, but when I tried to get there to get tickets the guy said "after the show" and just waved us on. Cool!
So we turned toward the stage, only to find (and here's where it gets awesome) that it was not so much a concert stage as a produce section. There were several kiosks full of broccoli on ice scattered around in front of the stage, which was lined with big produce cases full of leafy greens, squashes, and tomatoes. Almost immediately the lights went down and out onto the stage burst Howard Jones and some woman, the opening act. I looked to my left and Daniel Ash was standing there on the other side of the broccoli display. He was very excited about Howard Jones, and the next thing I knew we were dancing around the broccoli together. On the stage, the background vocals were being sung by disembodied heads lined up along the front produce case. One of them was David J, and at the same time I realized that I realized that Jennie was standing in front of his head talking to him. I tried to get my camera phone to work but I couldn't, and so I didn't get a picture of her talking to David J's disembodied head. I ran over to her and she told me he was recommending some lettuce.
Sad to say, at this point I woke up to pee and was unable to get back to sleep. But the mental image of dancing around the broccoli with Daniel Ash will stay with me all day.
Today is well and truly passport day, and I plan to bake some bread as well. I stumbled upon a relatively simple very delicious honey whole wheat recipe that renewed my excitement about baking bread again. I think I will also buy a copy of the Veganomicon because I need some new vegan inspiration. Also, I'm just damn excited to be walking around in the 56 degree weather!
Hope you have an exciting and productive day as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home