Tuesday, January 08, 2008

OMG!!!!!!

My friend J*, the best pal a girl could ever have, sent me a tube of posters from her high school years the other day. Some of them are meant for others, but for me is the most spectacular BIG Jimmy Page poster. It is almost, but not quite, the photo above--in the poster he's playing the doubleneck. Rock. I just hung it over the sewing machine, which I vow to learn to use this year. Jimmy will inspire me.
Thanks J*! I will be sending you a private thank you as well. You rock so much!
Speaking of Jimmy, tomorrow is his 64th. I've got less than half a fifth of Jack left, but it should be enough. Still can't drink it on the rocks, let alone straight out of the bottle with my head thrown back in utter abandon, but I've been enjoying it in coffee pretty regularly. Tomorrow I think I'll get a bottle of ginger ale for the occasion. We'll be watching the DVD set and I'll be listening to Mothership over and over at work. I think we'll have a fondue supper as well, just to indulge in sins of the flesh. Jimmy would like it, I'm sure.
So, on Sunday I went with rebby and jilly and bloody P to see Sweeney Todd. Good golly, there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS MOVIE. The closest I could possibly come to a complaint is the somewhat thin reedy singing voice of the Joanna actress, but to be fair those notes are really high. Otherwise, I was alternately grinning maniacally, or weeping with joy, or shrieking in pleasure the whole time. It is gorgeous, the singing is fantastic, everyone looks smokin hot, and there is tons of cartoony blood. I think it might be the gothest movie EVA, replacing Edward Scissorhands. (helena bonham carter is a much hotter goth than winona ever could be)
I can't wait to own it on DVD and watch it every halloween. I also can't wait to be Mrs Lovett for Halloween, aka Jeffy and Lisa's wedding party. Hee!
The curtains are hung in the culture room after much plastering and patching and going to Home Depot for toggle bolts. Apparently someone at some point hung a way too heavy curtain rod up there, causing the wall to crumble and be subsequently shoddily patched. Unfortunately, that's the kind of thing you really can't tell until you are trying to hang a new curtain rod. Rebby is a great handyman, and looks smokin hot standing on a ladder wearing her toolbelt. As if you didn't know. ;) Anyway, the room is now very dark and quiet looking. I am well pleased. Eventually we will get a swag to hang across the top of the curtain bar and it will be even more dramatic. Then we will strip the fireplace, paint the walls, get endtables, and rebby will finish the coffeetable she is building. And then, we will relax.
Still waiting on the curtains for the den. We need to seriously rethink that room all together, I think. It's so cluttered. Updates to follow.
The Aphix boys came over last night to watch some Einsteurzende Neubauten videos. We didn't make it all the way through the second one, but it was very inspiring. I really want to make a slight departure from drums and start banging on random pieces of metal a little bit. More theater in 2008! That's just one of my mottos.
It seems to be nearing 67 degrees today. I am not amused, but I am prepared to go with the flow. I've got to get out in it in a little bit and I hope to take advantage of the balmy temps by walking. We'll see how that goes. Happy Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home