Saturday, December 29, 2007

Oh, don't I just feel so very adult. I just online shopped for CURTAINS. I was sort of lamenting the Bed Bath and Beyond gift card I got for xmas from dad---such a nice gesture, but I always just feel depressed in that store. Then, as I was sitting here listening to Dr Feelgood and playing around on the internet, I was struck with the brilliant notion that I could probably shop ONLINE at Bed Bath and Beyond and therefore would not have to step into the store! So I went right to the clearance section, where I found these for the den, and then to the extended length section where I found these for the front room. I had to put 49 cents on my visa card because with shipping and handling and tax it came to $100.49. Heh. But anyway, in 6 days or so I will have curtains, and I will feel much better about the new year.
In other news, we are sick like dogs around here. Its that kind of illness that comes and goes---mostly coming around 7pm and staying until around 9am. So you can go to work, you know, and then come home and collapse. Which is what I've been doing for the past week. We made some headway in cleaning the house for the new year today, and we got out to the co-op to get some stuff for our new year's day open house buffet. But mostly we sat around feeling crappy. While at the co-op I invested in various kick ass potions from my old witchy days to hopefully get this shit out of here. I think I'll go make some ginger lemon tea right now. With whiskey.
Did I mention that my only resolution for 2008 is to drink more jack daniels? I'll explain later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home