Sunday, December 02, 2007

Good haul at the Exchange!
We headed out to McKnight Road this afternoon to do some teeshirt shopping for santa's little silkscreening factory. Since we were out there, we felt obligated to stop in to the Exchange. It's our duty. They've "upgraded" which is really a shame---gone is the industrial section I used to love so much, and they've gotten the really high and unweildy cabinets of all the other Exchanges. Still, the $1.00 section did not disappoint. I got Ritual De Lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction, Dr Feelgood by Motley Crue, Diamonds and Pearls by Prince and the NPG, Boss Hog's debut, Beaster by Sugar, and the gem I'm listening to now....KISS Unplugged. Paul is currently screaming about how he Still Love(s)(Me). Woowoawooooaaaahhhhh. I ventured out of the dollar section for a minute and immediately found Rubberneck by the Toadies, which contains Possum Kingdom---one of my top 3 radio songs of the 90s. (along with The Dolphin's Cry by Live and Santa Monica by Everclear)I've been hoping to find this CD for less than full retail price ever since I've been haunting the Exchanges of the world, and this is the first time I've seen it. For $5.00. I also got rebby a Tori Amos maxi single she didn't have.
Other than the big jaunt today, I've spent most of the weekend either in bed or laying on the couch. I'm desperately fighting some seasonal illness that is mostly centered in my head but also sending some distress southward into the intestinal area. It's just ugly. It's also weirdly sporadic---I feel perfectly fine for a while, and then I start doing something and 20 minutes later my head is full of snot and I'm woozy and have to lay down. Sucks. I didn't get much accomplished this weekend other than laundry and dishes, my constant nemesises. I did read a lot of my book (Full Moon Feasts) and watched a few movies (My Own Private Idaho, Henry and June, The Aqua Teen Movie) so I'll just put this one down to relaxation. The next few weekends (till the new year, really) are going to be non stop so I guess I need to take it while I can.
So, I took the pick your president quiz again and a couple of my answers changed enough that Dennis was my #1 this time. My #2 was Chris Dodd again, so I looked him up. Seems like a solid guy, and he was in the peace corps which scores a million points in my book. However, he is against gay marriage (though solidly for civil unions and non discrimination) and has kind of an annoying speaking voice (though not anywhere near as annoying as the current head honcho) and his hair reminds me of Newt Gingrich. Otherwise, I think I could vote for him, unless someone tells me a reason why I shouldn't. Feel free to comment in the comment section.
We've got Bambam and Celeste to watch tonight, and I really need to get myself organized for the week ahead. There's a big catering job on Saturday and it is going to involve a lot of special things, like grape leaves and vegan paella. I haven't made the vegan paella in long enough that I don't really remember what I put in it. time for long term planning....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home