Monday, October 08, 2007

My Traitor Body

I took a little tumble down the stairs this morning. It wasn't too bad---I'm definitely more shook up than anything--but I did skin my knee, and a toe, and also smashed my right boob. It's developing a bruise. I blame my birkenstock sandles (they were also responsible for the last tumble I took down the attic stairs) and my green palazzo pants, and the fact that I was carrying too many things to hold on to the railing. I need to try to avoid that. Anyway, I was sitting here feeling sorry for my self and imagining horror scenarios (had I been knocked unconscious, I would have ended up right in front of the open door. the mailman would have seen me---but wait! It's Columbus Day! I would have been laying unconscious until rebby got home!) when I got a text from Jilly telling me to take the day off. Woo. If I'm not feeling too broken I may take a hike up to Staples and get a paper shredder for the compost and a set of banker boxes for my stuff. Tho I don't know that I want to carry home banker boxes. Maybe that trip needs to wait for a vehicle.
I have plenty of things to do around the home---lots of laundry, some more vegetable processing, maybe even baking a freakin apple pie! Having a surprise day off is the most delicious kind of treat. I will definitely spend part of it making mix CDs for friends. And finishing a letter (hi J*!) I've been writing for two weeks. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home