Tuesday, September 25, 2007



Ok.....what I don't think I've told you yet is that on Nov 1st, All Saints Day, Jilly and I are flying to Boston to see The Waterboys. I've been trying not to freak out too much about it, but this morning I ordered a bunch of used CDs from Amazon. Also the new one, called Book of Lightning. Just a few minutes ago I found a couple of youtube videos---one from 1985 of "Whole of the Moon" and one from this summer of "The Pan Within" live in Athens, and then one (which I could not bring myself to watch for fear of melting into a puddle) of "This Is the Sea". Right now I am listening to Fisherman's Blues.
Mike Scott is capable of turning me into a pile of mush in less than one line. He's otherworldly. The thought of actually witnessing in person a Waterboys concert is almost too much to bare, which is why I have been trying not to think about it too much. I have a lot of things to do between now and then and I can't be distracted.
But today I'm super excited about it and I wanted to share.
Since it's Boston, we'll stay with the sisters. I'll finally get to take Jilly to my favorite restaurant ever. I'll also finally get to take my friend Neil, who has never made it there despite the fact that he LIVES in Boston. Sigh. We'll pall around with the sisters and with Neil and then return home on Sunday.
That is if I survive Thursday night.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home