Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy Sunday!
Last night was my first ever night all alone in the big house...rebby had to go home to help out one of her uncles. I thought maybe I would be creeped out a little bit but I wasn't really. This neighborhood is unearthly quiet most of the time, with occasional bird/insect sounds at night. Sometimes the guy with the makeshift garage in the alley will be working on cars at 2 in the morning, but last night it was all quiet. I stayed up really late downloading songs from emusic after spending all evening preparing things for the wedding today, and I tumbled happily into bed. Woke up at 3am with terrible itches on my arm. I was freaking out because rebby got poison ivy digging in the yard last week, and I've been very careful about touching her (no fun!) but I was convinced that I had somehow contracted the poison from the bedsheets. I got up to look in the mirror and it definitely wasn't poison---either mysterious hives (which I sometimes get without warning or explanation that I've been able to determine) or bug bites. I made my way downstairs to cover myself in calamine lotion, and managed to get back to sleep without too much trouble. This morning the spots are mostly gone...probably hives. Weird.
Last night was my dad's birthday party, and I had really intended to go. Then when rebby had to leave town, I tried to figure out how to get there from here on the bus (since the T is still down until Monday) and determined that it would take at least 2 hours. Argh! So no party for me. I think it was for the best though, as if I didn't have that time last night I would have been scrambling this morning instead of taking it easy. Tonight's wedding should be a good time, even though I have to miss the Ditty Bops, who are my new loves. Sigh.
I got to go to the strip FOR WORK yesterday afternoon...huzzah! It was such a beautiful day, and I managed to mostly NOT be annoyed by all the people down there. Sometimes it's rough, especially when you are carrying five wire chaffer racks down the street, but mostly I felt happy and enlivened. I got my dad a cool present down there too....hopefully I can go visit sometime this week and give it to him.
When I got home, I had an envelope from my former landlords...they refunded all but $23 of my deposit! I really couldn't believe it. Of course, my deposit was only $99, but still. It was a really nice surprise.
I was so inspired by this unexpected windfall that I purchased a BOOSTER PACK from emusic, so I had 50 extra downloads. Now that I have DSL I am a downloading fool, and I really have been branching out and exploring new stuff. My newest favorites are Cocorosie, The Decemberists, Jack off Jill, and New Model Army, who are not so much new favorites as really really old favorites that I have been able to rediscover and will hopefully get to SEE next Sunday night. Woohoo!
Ok, I better get going. I've got to shower the calamine lotion off, pack everything up, and stop at the store for mushrooms before I head to the QS.
Happy Happy Birthday to madorange!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home