Wednesday, May 30, 2007

TV Last Night

It was the season finale of Boston Legal, so I had to watch. I really, really dig that show. I know it's probably not cool to admit, but I don't care. James Spader and William Shatner are TVs greatest couple.
Anyway, I tuned in ABC (not always an easy task) early and then went to work on my dinner (red beans and rice and collard greens--mmmmm) While I was trapped in the kitchen, the George Lopez show came on. I really don't understand how this show remains on television. It was awful. It seemed like because he is hispanic he felt free to fill his show up with fat jokes and gay jokes. I suffered through two episodes and then I managed to change it to The Paul Riser and Helen Hunt syndication on WBGN before that other horrible show came on. Sit coms are by and large REALLY bad these days, no?
Anyway, eventually Boston Legal came on and made up for it. So intelligently good.
Say what you will about David E Kelly, he's come up with some interesting television.
Other than TV I've been digging through all my belongings trying to sort things out for an upcoming yard sale. I'll be selling many fabulous outfits and pairs of shoes so be on the lookout!
And besides that---working. Monday I served breakfast for 46 people in less than two hours. It was a trip. After my shift I spent a couple hours working on a dinner special no one ordered (bastards!) and then I came home and took a lovely nap in the sun. AND THEN---went to see Sikhara and z'ev and some local noisicians. Such amazing tribal pounding! Some day it will be mine. It felt like a ritual and it felt weird to be in the fine arts auditorium with the lights up. I imagined I was in some dark half burned out building with fires burning all around. that made more sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home