Monday, November 06, 2006

Hope you are enjoying the tour through my tortured love poetry. These poems date mostly from 1999-2001, a period during which I was coping with the end of my marriage with a wide array of unhealthy behaviors. Including falling in love with all sorts of inappropriate and unattainable people. I think some of the poetry is pretty good, though. There's some other stuff I might post eventually that goes a little farther back as well....I wish I had been obsessed enough with my own creative output to date these things because I have to try to retro fit them with context clues now. Anyhow, comments are welcome and appreciated.

I just got back from a visit to my lovely pirate farmboy secret lover. He was "in charge" today as his father did not make the run and the other fellow working with him was brand new. People are not at all orderly at the farmer's market, but I was perfectly content to stand there and patiently wait my turn. The longer to watch him unload giant sacks of corn from the back of the truck, and carefully bag tomatoes so they wouldn't bruise, and be kind and patient with old women and non english speaking men. I got some garlic, onions, big gorgeous red tomatoes, and some more of that incredible spinach I've been eating all week. I still have half the bag from last week left, but it is holding up really well and I am envisioning a giant pile of steamed spinach with butter for supper one night this week. I am such a fool for not doing this all summer! Just two more weeks. But then, I have found through the magic of the internet that his farm actually has a year round market in Valencia, PA. Sigh. That will definitely have to be our next weekend farm destination. Though I fessed up to rebby about my secret pirate farmboy lover and she is jealous. More because she wants to be a farmer than anything else, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home