Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sped up Backtracking

I am gonna crank up the speed a little bit and sacrifice detail...but really, if it's taken me a week there probably isn't that much to say, right?
So, Sunday--I tried to sleep in, but only ended up sleeping till 9am. At least, I thought it was 9am, but then when I turned on the computer it was only 8am because of the time change. Le sigh. I puttered around a bit and then went in to work, where it was slammin busy. I caught the wave and put it into high gear....got tons of prep done. Tons. And then the show started, and there was this "comedian" who was hosting the show (only not at all, really just doing his "comedy" in between acts) and I was APPALLED. Really, I didn't know people still did that Andrew Dice Clay style stuff anymore. I heckled him from the kitchen, apparently echoing throughout the place. Ha! Well, he made an offensive Yoko joke. He so deserved it.
Saturday---the wedding. Really, I would say it went off with very few hitches. We hadn't planned the beverage situation too well, and we ran out of corn early, and the last batch of mashed potatoes took a little extra time to heat, but otherwise it was really painless. Having the HBIC (head bitches in charge) team together I think really did it. We were able to just get it all done make the family really happy which is a large part of the battle. I was tired and sore at the end of it, but not nearly as drained as I often am after these sorts of events. The hardest part, I think, was the couple hours before we actually left when I was obsessively checking my lists and repacking everything. And the bizarre weather which changed from sunny and bright to giant hailballs coming out of the sky in the half hour before we left. Luckily, we decided to load the cars before Jilly and Leslie went to shower, so we didn't have to load in the hail. Unluckily, by the time we got there, the weather had turned nasty again. But it could have been much, much worse.
Friday---the show. It was weird. I don't really know what else to say. Belvederes is a place with a lot of potential, but the night was bizarre and I was really glad to have my sunglasses. Colin and Amy were fantastic, and The Cro Flies Trio was fun. People were drunk and dressed up. I guess it could have been much worse too. The best compliment of the night was when Sam came up and said that Colin and I have developed some great rhythmic telepathy. That was cool.

OK! Now I'm caught up. Yesterday I cleaned and did laundry all day. I dug through a bunch of boxes in the corner of doom and found some old journals and poetry. Details to follow. Then rebby and I decided to go to Damons for steaks...only when we drove out to McKnight, that Damons had closed also. That's two down. We kept on driving as she remembered a Lonestar out there somewhere, but that seemed to be gone too. We ended up at Elephant and Castle, which was damned yummy. I had the steak and chips with baked beans, she had the yorkshire pudding stuffed with roast beef and onions. It came with yummy mashers and green beans. The Guiness was nice and warm. It was a really good meal even though I hated the fact that I was in the North Hills. I just don't like it out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home