Thursday, October 19, 2006

Time Flies When You're Doin Thangs

I can't believe I last posted on Sunday. It's been quite a whirlwind around here the last few days!
I was technically "off" M-W, and I took full advantage of it to do loads of laundry, and make some headway into the boxes and bags of THINGS in the corner of my room. In the process, I found my Rickety Ring, which I had feared was gone forever. That was a really sweet reward for digging into the mess. I've been trying really hard to kill my packrat tendencies, but I can only do so much at a time. There is probably no reason to save phone bills from three years ago, for example. If I can clear out a couple boxes of accumulated paper that I really don't need, I will be able to finally fit all the things I really do need to save into boxes that will fit on the shelving unit in the corner. Then, I will be able to see the window in the corner. It could happen. Maybe by the time I get ready to move again.....
I did do a great job of cleaning out the accumulated stuff in the bathroom....I finally tossed all the half empty bottles of conditioner I've been saving for probably three years. Chances are pretty good that I am NEVER going to need that much conditioner, and chances are even better that I will go out and buy a new set of shampoo and conditioner again before I ever think to look at what is accumulated up there. So it's all gone. I also tossed some old makeup. That was hard, but there are some lipsticks that I am just never going to wear. No sense having them take up room in my tiny apartment. I did not toss any of my four bottles of glitter makeup though. Chances are pretty good that I will use them all eventually.
I also did a bunch of restaurant and catering related computer stuff...menu tallies, and lists of things we need for the big wedding coming up next Saturday. It's really unfortunate that this big wedding is on the 28th, because there are about 30 things going on I would love to do that night. I guess in light of that it's probably for the best that I am otherwise occupied so I don't have to choose! I am pretty bummed that the week leading up to the wedding is the gay and lesbian film festival, and the Friday night before is the Anita Fix and Bambam show at Belvederes. Crud. I'm going to do my best to see as many films as I can anyway, and we're going to have to fit in another practice some night next week too. Luckily, there isn't much I can do ahead at home for this wedding, so I really do have my evenings free. I just have to make sure I don't get too tuckered out.
So, yesterday was a magical day. It started out with having that extra day off since I am working for Jilly this weekend. This extra day just happened to correspond with Ryan Roxie's radio show live from Sweden! He does Wednesdays from 2-4 Stockholm time on The Rock Home of Stockholm. This translates into 8am for me, and it was a happy coincidence that I didn't have to go into the restaurant. I sat at my computer doing some paperwork stuff, listening to Roxie's voice, watching him on the WEBCAM, and internet chatting with fellow Roxie fans all over the world. It was so nice! He played White Zombie for me! Hee hee. I gotta figure out how I can listen in next week....I'll be bringing my laptop into the kitchen with me for sure. I'll probably have to pay for a wireless day pass since we don't have free wireless at the storm right now, but....he's worth it. Hee.
So after all the Roxie love I went into the restaurant to meet with Jilly and Leslie about catering stuff and do an inventory. Then I came home for a nap, and then I had band practice. Which was so FUCKING AWESOME I can't believe it! We have another new song that just blows my mind with it's greatness. It was one of those "creative process" things that just had all three of us bouncing off the walls at how good it came together. I really can't wait till this show....it's gonna be the best one yet, I'm sure.
Today was back to the grind, but I missed it. I didn't miss having to do a ton of dishes, but it comes with the territory these days. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to make some banana bread, and possibly those chocolate vegan cupcakes I've been thinking about since last week. We're getting busier all the time, which is great but makes all of us have to step up our game. Next week is going to be "challenging"....wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home