Friday, September 22, 2006


Happy Birthday, Mr Cave!

So, I was perusing the internet looking for just the right picture of Nick Cave to post for his birthday. I like to think of Nick Cave as having lots of spiky jet black hair, so my options were pretty limited. But in the process of looking for a good picture (I think this one is pretty good, but doesn't really show off the hair to it's fullest advantage) I was reminded that I used to have a CD of The Good Son.
But I don't anymore. Must have been a heroin heist casualty, as well as my copy of Let Love In. Sigh. I still have some stuff on album, and a couple of birthday party cassettes. But to suddenly be confronted with what I DON'T have anymore always makes me sad.

So, since Monday I've been up to sleeping a lot, working a lot, being a rockstar a little bit, and trying to sleep some more. Unfortunately, my sleeping efforts these days are being ambushed by a string of dreams in which some sort of bizarre fetishistic sexual predators want to carve me up. I am over that kind of dream, thank you very much. I wish silly stuff would happen again once in a while!
The show on Wednesday night was really amazing...the two out of town acts were so dreamlike that by the time we got onstage (we found out when we arrived that we were going on last) I was in some sort of fugue state. It was nice, but I hardly remember what went on. I hope if I ever get the chance to see Fence Kitchen again it will not be a schoolnight. It was a truly mindbending peformance, but I couldn't really relax into it because I still had to play, and because I still had to eat and it was edging toward 1am. By the time Rebby and I finished our bacon omlets at Jojos, it was 2:15. And I had to be at work at 7:30. Argh.
I'm still trying to catch up, and not very successfully. Right now, for example, I feel like I could just fall over into the bed and sleep for hours, but I have to be at work in 2 hours and there is still dishes and showering to do. The coffee isn't helping. Maybe I'll sneak in a little nap before work anyway...there's always tomorrow for the dishes....
Also on tomorrow's agenda...Flea Market mischief and hopefully a stop at a farm stand for cider and honey and maybe squashes. I really am feeling the lure of the winter squash these chilly fall days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home