Saturday, October 08, 2005

It's all down to the hug pt3

Apparently she had seen Chuck flirting with some girl in the audience and mouth "cooper'stown" to her. I also was pretty sure Renfield had mentioned Cooper'stown to some people before the show started, but I didn't say anything because I knew we had to drive back to Pittsburgh and Becky had to go to work videotaping a wedding today. But she insisted! I think she felt worse about the fact that I hadn't managed to meet up with Roxie than I did.
So we made the quick trip back, found a good parking spot, and fought our way in to the bar. It was SOOOOO crowded with drunk people. A million degrees and really smoky. But Brutally Live was playing on the huge TV screen, and I really wanted one more Poison ale. I fought my way to the bar and got my beer, and stood at the back of the line that had formed for who knew what reason. There was buzz..."he's going to be signing autographs", "the drummer's here...I don't know his name", and from the drunk lady right in front of me:
"who are you here to see?"
"I have something for Roxie"
"which one's he? the hot one dressed like a pirate?"
"yeah, that would be him"
I stood there through 22 oz of Poison ale, and nothing seemed to be happening. Eric was indeed there, but I really didn't have anything to say to him. It was intolerably hot and crowded, and I was worried about getting home before Becky and I were likely to pass out and crash on the turnpike. So I said we should leave. She said "let's just wait outside for a little bit."
So we went outside and sat on the sidewalk, and sure enough, three minutes later the tour bus came around the corner. There were only about 8 of us smart enough to be waiting outside by the side door! The bus door opened, and out came...Supagroup. Argh!
But following them closely was the cute head of Renfield (he really is a cutie close up!) and then out came Damon and Calico. Both very friendly to the small group of us gathered there. Calico went back into the bus, Renfield disappeared and reappeared, and then...out came Alice!!! He looked absolutely ADORABLE in black jeans and a gray tshirt. Walked quickly into the door, but smiled and waved and said "hey! how ya doin!" to us as he went by. He really does look completely different offstage. It was my first time seeing the magical transformation up close and in person. My heart fluttered for a few minutes after that.
And after a few minutes went by, I realized that there was still no Roxie! Could he have already gone into the bar? We were just about to give up and go back in when I saw the trucker hat peeking around the corner of the bus door. And then the faded camo pants, and the black t shirt with bunches of little chains, and the big red FILA bag full of goodies. Roxie!!! (Becky later told me that he was wearing some really cool shoes, but I never caught a glimpse of them) "Hey, great to see you guys!" he said to the little group of us, including FeezleNuts and his sister who I remembered from the last show. Did he "recognize" me, as far as knowing who I was? I'm not sure, and Becky told me afterward that I never said my name to him, so who knows. But he DID immediately grab me and pull me close. I took advantage of the situation to lean up and whisper in his ear "I've brought you something." He grinned like a kid. "What have you brought me?" I held out my hand and gave him the tiny Willie Wonka pin I got for him. He studied it closely,"that's REALLY great" he said, with a smile,"here, hold my...'soda pop'" handing me his beer. He attached the button to one of his chains. "That's really, really, great. Thanks, you're awesome!" giving me another hug. He reached into his pocket and gave me and Becky each one of the little Alice Cooper Band postcards, with his picture and roxie77.com on the back. "You guys have the Roxie77 Cd already, right?" "Of course," I said, "I was looking for DPM" "Aw, I don't have anymore, but thanks for the support on that" he said, and I frowned. He was about to say something else to me when the other people there grabbed his attention for a picture. Becky and I started to walk away...I didn't want to take up too much of his time knowing he had a huge throng of drunks to deal with inside. He stopped the picture taking to call after me "hey, thanks again, you're really awesome!" I flashed him a peace sign, he flashed it back, and I went on my way. I sighed all the way home!
So the question you are asking yourself is...why didn't I get a picture with him? Well, because he and Alice had been so very entertaining during the show that I used up all 27 shots! I guess while the show was going on I really didn't think I was going to get to see him afterward so I didn't save any. Bad planning.
This morning I have a little bit of a headache(the smoke? the screaming? 66oz of "Poison"??) but I'm still totally high from the night. I can picture those big brown eyes and scruffly little smile two inches from my face. Have I ever mentioned that Ryan Roxie is one of the nicest guys to ever walk the planet? Yeah, I think I have.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dolly says this is a top hole report. She's a wise ewe you know.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home