Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hey there--
Sorry. I've been very lax.
Some pictures from the Cleveland trip are available at Flickr. We had such a good time! It was hard to leave, but there was that Superbowl.
We had such a good time watching that Superbowl too, and running out into the street afterward. And then I had such a good time at that Superbowl parade, where I actually got a pretty good picture of Troy Polamalu's face (and a really good one of the back of his head.) These are on Flickr too. I also got myself a Luv Ya Black and Gold giant button because it's the most yinzer thing ever, and I got some turrible tahls for rebby and jilly. I still am not really able to make the leap to tahl waving. I respect the institution, but it's not my style. I'm more of a knuckle biting football watcher.
So besides the Cleveland and the football, it's been work work work. Business has been booming in vegetarian land, strangely enough. I've settled into a three-four ten hour day week, and it suits me just fine. It leaves me two days in the middle of the week to have lunch with Jennie at Uncle Sams and buy some new haircolor and Slash's autobiography. Dude---I'm like three pages in and I am so in love with Slash right now. One of the first things he mentions is how Sylvester game him a pet rat when he was a little kid. Coupled with the fact that last night I was trolling youtube for Slash stuff and came across the PSA he and his wife Perla did against Prop 8----Slash is all down with the gays! And for being a (now ex) drunken heroin addict, he is super well spoken. Plus----the ultimate poufy hair tophat leather pants man. Good lord. All of G'n'R were SO PRETTY back in the day---even Axl in his special way. After I finish writing this I am going to go put color on my hair and read the Slash book and have a "spa day". It's the best thing to do in this miserable rainy weather.
Later on I need to whip up a nice dinner and also spend a little more time on getting the office together. It's SO CLOSE, really....but there's just so much paper. Everywhere. Sigh.
I'm gonna try to get back in a regular writing habit. I make no promises, but I vow to give it my best effort. That's all you can ask really.

1 Comments:

Blogger madorange said...

Dude! Some of us - ahem - LIVE for your blog posts. We need news. Alienspice news. Inquiring minds and such.

Glad things are going well.

Wish you had told me about the Slash book. I would have sent you my copy. Neither Will or I could get through it. (Sorry.)

Will and I have been watching the Food Network a lot lately. When are you getting your own show?? :)

Love you tons my dear! xo

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home