Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This is cool. Wordcloud from the inaugural address.



I am already enjoying my new birthday president immensely. Thank you, United States of America, for the great gift! I've wanted one for the past 8 years and I finally got one. Apparently he is already doing stuff that he said he would do. Already! Like day #1! Also, check out www.whitehouse.gov if you haven't already. The civil rights portion is particularly awesome.

In other birthday news, I am spending the day preparing for a glamorous birthday cocktail party this evening. I spent a lot more money than I expected to last night at the grocery store getting snacks and mixers. Lordy, soda pop is expensive, even store brands! I thought all that HFCS was supposed to be cheap. Of course, I also got a lot of fancy foods to go with the cocktails. Since my visit to the Baltic region this summer I am all about cocktail seafood. It's gonna be a nice spread. I am also making sure there is vegan stuff because at least one vegan is supposedly coming!
I had been lamenting the lack of cocktail swords in this post 9/11 world, but then this morning at about 5am I remembered that last Christmas my siblings gave me a pirate themed gift basket which was lined with literally HUNDREDS of cocktail swords! And luckily I saved em. So the olives and onions and cherries and citrus peels will have a safe perch after all.
Speaking of pirates, J* sent me the COOLEST pirate birthday card! Thanks so much! I am totally putting it on the wall in the pirate bathroom. And oh yes, I'll be taking lots of glamourshots tonight! xoxo
OK, time to get going on the last minute party clean up and citrus wedging. Hope you all are enjoying my new birthday president as much as I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home