Monday, February 23, 2009

Admission: the only nominated movie I saw was Milk. I plan to see Frost/Nixon and the Wrestler, and the more I see clips of it, the Reader. Kate's acceptance speeches get on my last nerve, however. I kinda wanted to see Slumdog Millionaire, but the more I see clips from that (and the more I see 40 children gathered on the stage) the less I am really interested.
Anyhow, I am SO GLAD that Sean Penn won! He did an amazing job in Milk. And I'm glad he made political statements. F the haterz. I thought the show was beautiful and I really loved the way they had the old winners come out to introduce the nominees. Hugh Jackman was amazing. I am totally in love with him, not just because he is Wolverine.
Well done, Academy. Way to show up the Grammys bigtime.
In other news, I've been working alot of long days and my brain tends to be frizzled when I get home. I've got to switch it into overdrive this week though because I have to get some catering stuff underway and I have to plan the menu for the March 8theme brunch celebrating women chefs and cookbook authors. I'm very excited for it, but I need to start the process of narrowing it down. There are a hella lot of women cookbook authors these days, and I don't want to take the easy celebrity chef route. I want to dig up some of the more hidden gems. Of course, the celebrity chefs in the vegan and vegetarian world are different from the Food Network celebrities. But I still might put a Nigella recipe in there, just cuz she's hot.
Today we had a very busy successful brunch where all my specials sold out by 2pm. Yowza! It's a good feeling, and especially good when people go out of their way to tell me how much they liked what I made. Makes all the lower back pain worth it.
I managed to maintain a good mood today with the help of my new Slash t shirt I got at Hot Topic at the Mall. Yep, that's me, going to the Guitar Hero wall of Hot Topic to pick out a Slash T shirt to wear to work. It is a wicked cool tshirt though. They only had super lame guns and roses tshirts, so I think I'll just order one online. Heehee.
I have lots to write about concerning nostalgia but it's late and I need to get some sleep. Hopefully I can tackle it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home