Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Still sick. Ugh.
I went in to work Monday and got through about 4 hours before I was sent home. Got some medicines and juice and gingerale and went right into bed. Jilly volunteered to cover my Tuesday night shift, so I just slept through almost the whole day yesterday. I did wake up long enough to watch the very end of an episode of Marcus Welby, MD with Sonny Bono as a guest star. And then later the tail end of an episode of The Incredible Hulk. RTN is the best thing that could ever happen to staying home sick. The two extra PBS stations help too...there is always some Rick Sebak documentary to be had now adays. It's pretty cool.
So, I went in this morning thinking I would just get the ball rolling and then take off, but I ended up staying until 2pm. That's the way it goes. I mostly did dishes to avoid coughing into people's food too much. By the time I left, ACTUAL SNOW was falling from the sky! Not little wet flurries, but big puffy flakes. It was kind of awesome, despite the fact that I was feeling all sickly. It's pretty much done for now, but it was nice to be out in the snowfall for a few minutes.
I can almost taste my coffee now....a marked improvement. Wish me luck that I can be fully recovered by Friday night for my friend's HALLOWEEN WEDDING!

2 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

In NM, you can early vote and/or vote by absentee ballot even if you are not going to be out-of-town. I had applied for an absentee ballot so I voted by mail. Will went in person this morning to early vote.

No early voting in PA? They're really pushing it here.

NM seems to be pretty much for Obama...lots of Obamanos stickers and what not.

Also, hope you got my thank you email and don't think I am a cad!!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

Sheesh, I am a cad! Forgot to say FEEL BETTER SOON!! xo

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home