Thursday, October 09, 2008

OOOOFF! My head.
Having a little hormonal nightmare here this morning. I'm gonna put it down largely to all the sugar I've been eating lately, but I'm not going to stop baking. Perhaps I'll try to get on the agave bandwagon instead.
I'm seriously all about baking these days. At work I've perfected the Deep Chocolate Pound Cake from Bon Appetit. It's seriously good, although the recipe is a little precious with having to mix things in four different bowls. I don't usually give in to that jazz, but I want to make sure I understand what all is going on with it before I try to cut out some steps. I'm still sorting through vegan pumpkin loaf recipes....this one from the PPK is my current favorite. And this week I also made a batch of my favorite banana carob chip monster muffins, which sold out in less than a day! woo. And some lemon bars. There's not much you can say about lemon bars, besides "delicious" and "sugar coma." I think perhaps if I eat up all the arugula in my fridge I can balance out the two lemon bars I sampled yesterday.
So yeah, I've been on the baking bandwagon for a while. It's kind of new--I'm usually more of a stovetop gal but once in a while the flour/sugar bug hits. I think it's the fall weather that makes me want to indulge and have the oven on for long periods of time.
Speaking of the fall weather, we are FINALLY going to have our inaugural Mayflower Manse Soup Party this Sunday. I've been looking forward to it for, well, about a year, and now the weekend is finally here. I think it took getting the media room into a shape we were both happy with to finally make the decision. Hopefully it can become a semi-regular thing. And hopefully it can lead to more and different dinner parties and maybe even my dream of a floating supper club. I think we have enough friends into cooking and sharing food that it could become a reality. I am determined to build community, dammit! Mark my words.
It's almost noon and I haven't been off the couch yet today. I better go make an effort. Happy Thursday to you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Agave nectar rocks!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home