Friday, September 19, 2008

AVAST! Today be talk like a pirate day!
Here be today's weblog entries, translated:
jus' waitin' fer th' juice t' flow
very picturesque. very cold.

Fridee, Septembree 19, 2008
These be so great.
I wonder if ye can guess which ones I jus' ordered?

Also, I sent Barak some treasure this evenin'. If ye send th' lad's some treasure this evenin' too, 't be matched 100%. But ye be havin' t' do 't before low tide.

Now I gotta get off th' dang internet an' into th' dang galley t' fry some dang corn fritters.
Dang 't.
posted by alienspice at 6:29 PM 0 comments

I dasn't think I've yet talked about me new boyfriend th' ice cream maker.
We've had some really good times together so far, an' I think th' relationship be headin' in th' starboard direction.
So far, we've made:
basic vanilla--this be our first date. 't turned ou' nearly perfect an' I be raptureous. all I had t' do be mix grog, cream, sugar, an' vanilla. that's 't. he did th' rest. 't be creamy an' set up wondefully. I fell in instant love.

balsamic strawberry--our second date be a wee rocky, but me takes full responsibility. I marinated th' strawberries in brown sugar an' balsamic vinegar, an' then added them in wi' th' grog an' cream. I didna adjust th' liquid amounts fer th' strawberry juice, an' consequently th' volume be too great an' me boyfriend made a big mess all o'er th' counter. also, th' texture be kind o' weird. again, I blame myself. he made th' best o' a bad situation.

ginger peach--by our third date we had a better idee o' what t' expect from each other an' all be golden again. this time I marinated th' peaches an' ginger in sugar, but made a basic vanilla recipe an' then added in th' fruit after th' churnin' be done. th' ice cream got a wee softer than i wanted when I added th' fruit in, but once 't set up 't be all good. this ice cream made me bawl a wee bit 't be so yummy.

Unfortunately, we still had a bunch o' strawberry an' some peach ice cream in th' freezer when th' power sailed' ou'. I tookst th' ice cream in t' work an' let me co workers at 't---'t be funny on accoun' o' one o' me other co workers brought in porto'er weddin' cake th' same tide. 't be a cake an' ice cream party at work! woo!

Last night we had another date---cinnamon banana pecan. I thought I ballsed 't up wi' too much alcohol (banana liquor an' captain morgan) but after a night in th' fridge 't seems arrr. Me boyfriend definitely prefers nay t' deal wi' th' fruit or nuts. I'll let yer mind take that wherereyou like. 'tis better if I mix them in afterwards.

So now I be obsessed wi' makin' freaky ice creams. I be goin' t' do th' salty liquorice, an' now I canna avast thinkin' about tomato ice cream. I be havin' this Sheila Lukins recipe fer tomato marmalade that be jus' tomatoes an' sugar cooked down slowly---I think addin' that t' some cinnamon ice cream might make me head explode. In a good way. Also, swabbies make avocado ice cream, I think? An' me lassie texted me from Maine last high tide' 'ere she be havin' blueberry basil sorbet. Th' possibilities be endless. I'll let me new boyfriend take me anywhere!
posted by alienspice at 6:29 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home