Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oh boy!
The countdown has really started for real now!
I am in phase two of packing mode. That's where I lay everything out on the floor and decide what I REALLY want to carry around on my back for a week and a half. It's extra hard for me because it's been quite a while since I was able to dress like myself for 10 solid days. Usually I am in grungy kitchen clothes or grungy house clothes with the occasional dressy night out clothes. Walking around a major European city all day? I just don't know WHAT I'll want to wear! So I have to go for most comfortable without looking too dorky or being too cold or hot. I got a really awesome new pair of those variable length capri pants (in stunning chocolate brown) today, so I am in much better shape then yesterday when I was moaning about my pants choices.
So, packing is in process. The house sitting instructions have been written. We've arranged our ride to the airport. My international calling code has been retrieved (despite what my friend thought, my verizon phone will not work in Europe. Grr)
I've printed out all our bookings and schedules. I've got my bible of Berlin drinking establishments all marked up and ready to go. My camera is charged up. Just need to get a watch or find the travel clock I got at the airport last year, and I'll be ready.
I set up a travel blog here: http://www.travelpod.com/members/alienspice which I hope to be able to update with pictures from cyber cafes. They claim it's easy--we'll see. In any case, if there isn't an update here, check there.
Now I gotta get some sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home