Thursday, May 03, 2007

Gardening Yesterday

Yes, we finally managed to get some seeds into the ground yesterday! It was an unbelievably gorgeous day yesterday and we took advantage of it. First we had a gardener's breakfast at the oddly non-smoking Ritters (it's not odd that it's non-smoking now that the smoking ban has more or less passed, but it was sure odd to be in there with no cigarettes anywhere. this will take some getting used to!) and then we headed over to the house on the hill to work the garden. We planted some onion sets that rebby got from a friend at work, and three rows of swiss chard, and three rows of buttercrunch lettuce. We also planted two basil plants rebby got at the co-op--they are a little spindly so I propped them up with some sticks. I managed to get really dirty again which made me very happy, and I also managed to work up a little bit of a sweat. Nothing like the day we actually dug the bed when I was sore for three days after, though. But I am looking forward to doing that again really soon.
After the gardening I took a shower and then started to tear apart my bathroom. I very unsentimentally pitched stuff I've been carting around for five years or more. Seriously, half used tubes of Mary Kay this and that---foundation, people! I used to wear FOUNDATION! Those were different times. I pitched lots of little bottles of perfumes that I probably could have sold at a yard sale but I can't really see a yard sale happening. And more to the point, I just want to get as much stuff out of the apartment as I can before I actually have to move. Which gives me just under three months. I packed all but the essentials that I am keeping into the first medium sized blue plastic tote. (the first large sized tote has already been packed with sheets) I took a cursory stab at scrubbing the shower stall, but none of the cleaning products I currently have did any good on the moldy seams of the crappy vinyl shower liner. I was sort of appalled that the landlords brought someone over to show the apartment yesterday---if I was the landlord I certainly would not have tried to show the place before I had gotten a good look at it myself. Am I right? And had I gotten a good look at it my self, I would have made the decision to at the very least put in a new shower liner before trying to rent the place, if not a whole new tub. They are charging a sort of criminal amount of money for this place for it to not be in fantastic condition. That's a large part of the reason I want out---it just isn't worth it to spend MORE money on a place after having lived here for three years with no improvements.
Anyhoo, so the question is: where am I moving TO? Well, if the stars are positioned correctly and the moon is in the seventh house and jupiter aligns with mars, I will be moving into a beautiful HOUSE owned by my honeygirl. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to jinx it, but suffice it to say that I have been mentally paiting the walls in the ginormous kitchen for the past two days. (I'm mentally painting them pale orange with cobalt blue trim, if you are curious) I have also been mentally arranging furniture and mentally decorating the upstairs bathroom in a pirate theme. The downstairs bathroom is all ready to receive my raspberry colored towels and toilet cover. I have even been mentally hanging the plastic op art curtain I bought at Ikea when I moved into this place but never hung anywhere. (I'm mentally hanging it in front of the downstairs shower) Yes, my mental decorating has been thorough enough that I hopefully have cast a whammy of ownership on the place. I just got an email last night from our realtor that the place was shown twice and one party was definitely interested, so we need to step up our game. I am hoping the mental decorating whammy will buy us some time. Cross your fingers and toes!
IF all this mental whammybar action doesn't pan out, I will most likely be moving in to the place where my honeygirl lives now till such time as we find another house to cast our whammy on. I am fully prepared for either situation--well, I am planning to be fully prepared for either situation. Either all my crap in plastic totes goes into the new house, or all my crap in plastic totes goes into storage until such time as a new new house can be procured. So, I have three months to get rid of all the extraneous crap and fit all the essential crap into plastic totes. I think I can do it.
In the mean time, I am hoping to be able to cater like the wind so I can build up some cash reserves. The universe seems to be on board with this idea as we are getting catering inquiries pretty regularly, so my hopes are high. I'm awfully excited about this exciting new turn of events.
Ok, time to go do some more laundry and smack down the bathroom floor! Hooray for spring!

1 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

Try Dr. Brauner's on your shower...it did wonders on ours. Better than the Lime Away junk.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home