Thursday, October 26, 2006

Update: procrastination station

I should be cutting 11 pounds of cheese into toothpick sized chunks right now. Or wrapping 2 lbs of bay scallops in bacon. But instead, I'm clickclickclicking on the internet. I need to get it in gear!
Washed most of the dishes already so my work space in clean. I also made myself an astoundingly good meal of spaghetti and meatballs (hmm, when does she decide to make spaghetti and meatballs from scratch? that would be when she is supposed to be doing something else.....) Argh. I'm so on top of my game that I have to throw obstacles in my own way so I can feel the kind of pressure necessary to get the job done. It's a sickness. I blame college.
So, what else can I natter on about instead of doing what I need to do? Hmm.
I don't think I mentioned Roxie's new hairdo, which he described as "none more black." He made several references to "goth" on Wednesday including describing himself as a California boy who hates the sun. Ha! Unfortunately I can't do a screen capture of the radio webcam, but I can assure you that Roxie looks mighty fine in the none more black. I've been feeling the lure of the none more black myself, but I don't think I can work a dye job into my day tomorrow before the show. (ha! that would be some major procrastination, but I think it would be a bad idea) I don't know what I am going to wear for the show yet--I really am running out of raw materials. I was looking forward to wearing my very witchy burgundy velvet blouse but when I took it out of the dryer a couple more seams had ripped. I realize that ripped seams are gothic but these are not ripped very romantically, so I can't do it till I repair them. I might just rock the black velvet skirt and silk tank top...we'll see. If we book any more shows I am definitely going to need to invest in some more performance wardrobe!
Band practice last night was an exercise in patience, but I think we ended up sounding really good. I think this show is going to be the best yet. Colin's set up gets more elaborate all the time, and his willingness to beat randomly on things is very inspiring. Rebby did a reconnaissance mission last night to Belvederes to check out the set up. I hope someone records/films this performance---maybe I should break out my own poor old video cam? The thing has been sitting on top of my filing cabinet for almost a year waiting to be sold.
I'm still not sure what if anything I will do for Halloween. I'm tempted to go to the party at Belvederes, and I am also tempted to just stay home. I'm not really a big Halloween party FAN, so much. Maybe a bottle of vampire and The Cabinet of Dr Caligari is all I need.
Alright, I think that might be enough procrastination. Thanks for keeping me occupied. The cheeses are calling my name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home