Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's day two of my new and improved life, and so far it is every bit as awesome as I had hoped it would be. So far I have listened to a lot of LIVE and gotten two spreadsheets built in Excel to track restaurant sales. I've done a shit ton of laundry. I've eaten some whole grains. I'm about to get moving on the dishes. Just need to work the yoga into the mix and I'll be a super woman!
I haven't had a single urge for a cigarette since my latest bout of coughing up a lung trauma. I think I am celebrating two weeks without smoke today. Hope this keeps up. If I can actually get myself to do yoga semi regularly, I'm pretty sure the desire to smoke will not return. Of course, I don't look as cool. No matter what Brooke Sheilds says.
The weekend was a thrift store orgy....I had a lot of buyers remorse, but I also HAD to do it. I got several very useful things, like new bathroom rugs and towels, and a gorgeous pair of brazilian black leather ankle boots, and a straw tote bag, and some gorgeous sweaters. I also got a beat up copy of Darkness At the Edge of Town, which makes me feel cool. Not to mention a Traffic album. And I bought a bunch of cookbooks, because I cannot resist. Some of them aren't so good, though, and that is where the remorse comes in. The big ticket item, however, is a desk hutch which makes me feel so very pimpy. My printer and lamp and Alice Cooper in the box and Taco Bell Communist Dog are on top of it, and there is a little cabinet for paper, which has a pirate flag affixed to it(yeah, I put it there) Then there is space underneath for desk accessories, and my corkboard shows through. I love it.
So yeah, it's fall, and every fall I think this is the year I am totally going to get my shit together. Humor me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home